Saturday, May 19, 2012

Cordillera Music: "An-anusak"


“An-anusak” is a kankana-ey song from the “MPBC Kinouboyan” album series which you can buy at local music stores in Cordillera (but please not the pirated ones), it is translated as; ‘I will be patient’, ‘I will endure’, or ‘I will suffer’ (Pick your own choice hehe ). I tried to sing this years ago and yup I’m that person in the videolink after this paragraph. I’m not drunk, although the message of the song pictures a half-drunk broken -hearted man pitying himself because he was not that good to be with this woman.
Woman: again, the cause of all men’s suicidal attempts (my former girlfriend thinks otherwise, saying that most guys just tend to submerge in that drama when they could’ve saved the relationship in the first place, the irony). But wait, the message is quite convincing – I love the chorus part where it basically repeats how the guy will bear the pain.
And when the lyrics said “Esestek et nan Biag ko, ta adi ak wat kaseseg-ang” (including the ‘oooohhh’ part), or in English; “I will now fix my life, so that I will not be this miserable”, I almost stood up to clap my hands. That line deserved an applause (applause 2x :). The guy in the song could’ve done that earlier, that drama king.
If I destroyed your day when you clicked at my video link, here is the original rendition of it in youtube link. :)
An-anusak
by MPBC Kinoboyan
No nemnemek san nabiit
Ay nankoykoyog ta
Kanak no nan kinaragsak ta
Et magay patengga na
Polos adak ninemnemnem
Di pansinaan ta
Lumuluwa nan mata
No nemnemnemek sik-a
CHORUS:
Et aw adi, no say kanam
Ay enggay magay riknam
An-anusak, ikarigatak
Manbiyag ay maga ka
Tan narigat met kayman
No wat sak-en di manlaylayad
Narigat no mamingsan
Di umas-asa ka
Nakarkaro no sisik-a
San pobre ay kanan da
Wat dakan lalasoyen
Aagin di gayyemen
No mamingsan san kinapobre
Di inda iilaen
(Back to Chorus)
Bridge:
Nem asak an-anusan,
Sik-a di ennak liw-an
Es-estek et nan biyag ko
Ta adak wat kaseseg-ang
Wooooh (Back to Chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment